Thursday, April 18, 2013

Caviar Manicure Nail Rock

I was in WalMart and ran across a new product called Nail Rock which is a kit with a bottle of nail polish and a jar of microbeads, or nail caviar. I scrutinized the ingredients and found it is vegan! There were a selection of color combinations but the one I chose has gold nail polish and a jar of microbeads that are metallic silver, orange, pink, and teal.
It has instructions that say paint nails with 2 coats; dip into caviar; press beads firmly ontp nails; let dry 15-20 minutes.
I have however, never been able to get microbeads to stick with just polish so I pulled out the big guns!

 I bought a bottle of brush-on nail glue.


This is 1 coat of the polish- it's pretty sheer.


The second coat gets it pretty opaque- I would go with 3 if I was going to wear it plain.


Paint on a coat of glue, just like polish.


Dip into the microbeads, making sure to completely cover the nail.


Press the beads down and clear the loose ones from your finger tips.


Pretty blingy!

*UPDATE*
It didn't even stay on a whole day- I was losing beads left and right everywhere I went.
I'm not sure what to try to get them to stick next. I really thought the nail glue would do the trick. Perhaps I'm not painting thick enough coats to grasp the caviar....

12 hours after applying the beads they were all gone :(

2 comments:

  1. hi I was wondering if that nail glue was vegan friend if so what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is vegan friendly because the ingredient is synthetically made. It's called Fing'rs Brush-On Nail Glue. It's at Walmart for 2.88 although I've seen it at other stores too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!